Thursday, June 4, 2009

This is a work in progress for Jacqui at Odd dolls
She is going to be "Eros goddess of chaos"
Can you see the chaos in the background?
That is my life at this moment!

HELLO EVERYONE
!
Here we are in the circus of my world!
Three days ago I had surgery
I was living in the cloud of Vicodin and the cloud lifted!
Now that I am recouping I thought maybe
I could get caught up on a few things!
So here we go!

I hung some new art in the middle of my play things!
Notice the little hands below that think they need
to help contribute to mommy's mini gallery!


This is my new art doll "Ferral Girl"
She is made by Anita Collins
She is based on Gary MCrozier's series "Broken Dolls"
I love her! I hope you can see what I see!
She is so fragile and soft and yet she is very wild!
She is fur, needle felted, polymer clay,glass eyes,hair& stockings


I would love to get inside of Anita's head and see her inspiration
Is this little one looking at her own heart?
Or the Heart of another?





Next I recieved a lttle treasure from miss Michelle Schafer
over at The Studio at Crow Haven Farm


She is jumping for joy that she made it all the way to
a house full of dollies.
She is so poseable and fun to play with!
She has a paperclay head,polymer hands
with a cloth wrapped wire armature body.
Her clothing is hand sewn with an adorable beaded belt
Her little covered basket has a bunny


Her she is serene in her new home
I can see that she is enjoying her pink surroundings
!



Finally here is the other little giveaway I promised!
Tell me what you want and I will send you a little gifty!
Pick out one of these little items and it will fly your way





I will leave you with a final work in progress.
This is the beginning of a new doll...we shall see where she ends up!


Love to all and be creative in some way everyday!
xoxo Sheri DeBow

16 comments:

  1. Ooooh Sheri! How amazing, so many dolls are filling your world! And of course, Anita and Michelle are amazing!

    I love your little giveaway--the tall bluebird would be great at my house--or any of them, really!!

    I can't wait to see your doll finished! Love all of your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOY....you have totally made her feel at home...ALL THAT PINK....WHOOOOHOOOOO how lovely she looks and she will be your little friend...tell her your stories..she so loves that, especially the silly ones...she loves to giggle...can't you tell? hahahaha I'm so glad that you are feeling better and such lovely gifts you have received...Your WIPS are simply amazing my friend...Okay, so when are you giving workshops? hmmmmm Here I come NAPA! Make sure the wine is ready and you have about 4 cases! WHOOOHOOO Love ya girl!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the Vicodin all gone? :) I hope you're feeling good and everything is well! Looks like you're surrounded with lots of goodness and sweet dollies. I have Miss Suzi Q from Michelle and she is so sweet! Can't wait to see more on those WIP's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri the new doll is amazing. As is everything.

    I hope you are well now from your surgery.

    What a life. Live it up sweets.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri I hope you are feeling better, I wondered where you disappeared to. Lots of lovely pics for me to enjoy today! your room is awesome, so much to explore!
    Your new ferral doll is incredible! the heart is quite realistic, I love to see dolls that are darker.
    Love the doll you got from Michelle too, she looks happy to be there :-D
    Is that a circus theme you are working on with your dolls? I'm planning out some circus type paintings too, if I ever find time to do it all!
    take care of yourself, can't wait to see what you come up with next
    xoxo, betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Boy!!! The beginnign of MY doll!!! This is sooo exciting, I just love your dolls and soon one will be MINE!!! all your work is filled with so much character:) the colours you choose are amazing.....I just can't wait!!
    The art work you hung in the studio really looks awasome and you new family members from Nita and Michelle...well let's just say you are a very lucky duck to have one from each of them! Both are amazing and I hope one day that I too will have one from each:)

    HUGZ
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the new doll is coming along. I'm passing the "One Lovely Blog" award on to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just stumbled in here from somewhere, through the labyrinth of blogland... this looks like a wild place ! Crazy dolls ! Feral girl is something else...

    You may enjoy the doll photos I posted just a couple or three weeks ago in a series of pix from a jumble sale here in France... haunted dolls... they're not too far back in the fog of back posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello doll, just thought I would blow in a kiss.

    XXXXXXX

    Love Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, thanks so much for your visit... saw your kind comment... have been snowed under this week at work, but really appreciate visits from afar, especially from wild and wonderful weird old doll lovers...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely dolls! You're very talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful party, cute dolls!

    You’re invited to please visit stop by and visit my party where we’re having a tea of a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I hope I'm not too late for some of your yummy treats! What a delightful party! I just LOVE your dollies. What a creative mind. Be sure to stop by my party today and enter my giveaway. The tea kettle is still boiling!

    ReplyDelete