Monday, April 13, 2009

"Allysin Wunderland & the Power of Suggestion"


Sheri DeBow artwork 585, originally uploaded by ostrich girl.

Here is my installation piece almost done for the show in May at Eclectix! There are many other little pieces you can't see until she is completely done!
The painting still needs work and it will hang higher but I thought everyone might have fun seeing the work in progress pics!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and didn't go into too much of a food and chocolate coma! We had a great egg hunt ....and I still don't know what bunnies have to do with Jesus but we play along anyway (Actually I do know that the symbol of the bunny originated from the pagan beliefs of fertility ,hence the term, "F-ing like Rabbits" But I am baffled as to why they got mish mashed into what was for years considered a religious holiday.

They are so darn cute though! )
I mentioned having a give away so that will be in my next post! Until then I hope everyone is doing what they need to do to smile and laugh hysterically and not just go ho hum through life!!

xoxo Sheri DeBow

8 comments:

  1. She is 'The Bomb!' I love her! I want some lacy socks like those :]

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri she is precious! you make the prettiest dolls out there! she looks like a real little girl....
    so this piece, it sounds like it goes with the painting in the background, and you were mentioning other pieces as well, I'm intrigued :-)
    I miss the days when my mom used to hide chocolate eggs in the house, now she just buys us a 1 pound bunny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is delightful! I love the expression and can't wait to see the whole thing!
    I'm so glad you stopped in :)

    beautiful blog btw!!!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I just adore her, and YOU for stopping by!

    Your blog just blows my mind... I can't wait to share it with a few of my friends.. ok if I link you?

    xo, monica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Sheri, thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes all that detail is on paper the size of playing cards, lol! I have done way more detailed ACEOs than the one you saw, last year I had done dozens of them, mermaids mostly, and sold lots...what I do is get a sheet of watercolor paper, draw out the ACEO template, then go crazy. As long as the size is 2.5 x 3.5" you can paint and draw anything you like. Then I cut each one out, and voila! ready to go. I think you should give them a try, in fact, they are so portable, throw some paper in your purse and start planning some out. Lots of fun! If you are curious just check out my Etsy shop and you will see a variety of ACEOs. I guarantee you will be hooked....not like either of us need more things to distract us right, lol? there already isn't enough time in the day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, can I just say she is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alice is incredible. Wow Sheri.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete